Taking its name from the shell of a sea snail, Abalon forms its own architecture for seating circles: with its organically curved shape, the sofa evokes a circle to which people feel drawn. Generously accommodating three people, the upholstered seat shell features different knitted fabric covers on the front and back. These are available in a diverse selection of hues and, together with the choice of two colours for the base frame, result in a wide range of configuration options. The fabric covers can be removed in full for cleaning or replacement.
- Made in: Germany
- Body: metal frame with moulded polyurethane foam and polyester fleece.
- Seat height: 400 mm (340 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1).
- Covers: knit fabric, removable. Front and back covers are separate and in different colours.
- Legs: die-cast aluminium, powder-coated.
- Beam: rectangular tubular steel, powder-coated.
- Glides: non-slip plastic glides, suitable for soft and hard floors.
Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec, 2022
The brothers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec live and work in Paris. Their oeuvre ranges from small everyday objects to architectural projects. They have worked with Vitra since 2000 and have contributed numerous designs to both the office and home collections.