Haus Living Concepts Sdn. Bhd. started business in 2004 and in this short yet colourful history we have grown in more ways than one. Over the years, we have expanded into new markets by providing specialized services and offering unique designer products that adhere to current market sentiments.
The growth strategies we have employed have resulted in business successes that have also led to the development of the HAUS brand into a valuable corporate asset.
Today, we operate with several divisions that each provides distinct products and services targeted at niche markets. Here is a synopsis of this growth and some plans for what is to come.
Milestones of Our Growth
- Haus Living Concepts Sdn. Bhd. is established as a company that specializes in contemporary furniture that best suits modern lifestyles.
- August – We open our Export Showroom for the convenience of international trade buyers from European and the Middle Eastern markets.
- October – We establish our first retail outlet at Damansara Perdana
- Our first retail showroom outside of Peninsular Malaysia is opened in Kota Kinabalu.
- Our second retail outlet in the Klang Valley is opened with the new showroom in Plaza Damas, Taman Sri Hartamas.
- After a year’s planning the HAUS brand reaches Brunei with the opening of a HAUS showroom in Bandar Seri Begawan.
- To accommodate the increased volume of trade, we move our warehousing facility from Shah Alam to a much larger campus in Sungai Buloh.
- In line with our expansion plans, we open our showroom in Puchong.
- To cater to the growing demand we open the Klang retail outlet.
- As part of our strategy to weather the economic downturn the region was facing, we started to plan a consolidation of our retail business in Peninsula Malaysia. This led to the search for a single flagship showroom with larger retail space and a central and accessible location within the Klang Valley.
- Having closed most of the smaller retail outlets, in March we opened our new flagship store with over 6,400 square feet of space at the Tropicana City Mall.
- As part of our diversification plan, we launch the project division that offers contract furnishing for larger corporate environments such as offices, hotels and the like.
- Our project division offers interior design services – the scope is limited to catering for individual homes.
- To cater to the growing demand for higher end furniture and interior lifestyle products, we open our Bangsar showroom.
- In expanding our scope of retailing designer products for interior environments, we are awarded the contract to wholesale the Italian designer.
- Brand of room fragrances, Mr & Mrs for the Malaysia and Singapore markets.
- We open the first Mr & Mrs Kiosk at the Gardens Mall.
- The interior design capabilities of our project division expand tremendously through a strategic alliance with the international, award-winning Portuguese designer Nini Andrade Silva.
- To cater to the growing demand from the Northern region of Peninsula Malaysia we open our Penang showroom at Straits Quay Mall that has over 6,300 square feet of retail space.
- We embark on a re-branding exercise that positions the HAUS brand to further grow with consistency.